When we were called to the television building, the first thing I saw was a patient on a stretcher next to an ambulance. In one glance I could tell that he was already dead. A lot of people volunteered to help, so I asked them to carry all the wounded to the ambulance. A man ran over and said that in the enclosure by the television and radio building, where armored vehicles were already standing, there was a person who had been burned. Together, we went to that enclosure. I tried to squeeze through the gap between the fence and the booth, but paratroopers noticed me and began to shoot, even though I was wearing a white smock. A young man with a burnt face was wandering around the enclosure and shouting that he didn't know where to go. Stepping back a bit, I began to give him commands so that he could walk to my voice. He got oriented and came over. His face was completely burnt, his eyes were swollen, and his nose and mouth were bleeding a little bit. He could talk, had found his bearings, and was conscious. He said that he was a student from Šilutė. He was worried about his parents finding out that he was injured, and asked that no one tell them. In the ambulance we diagnosed a burn in his respiratory tract, and a possible internal and external chest injury from the explosion. A packet simulating a tank shot had probably exploded. Later we heard the same kind of packets exploding in the crowd. The whole time the young man's face was swelling, as grains of gun powder had absorbed into his skin. His face was black, and you could hardly see his eyes.

We began to lose him. We rushed to bring him to the hospital. As we were driving from the TV building, a shot went over our ambulance. When we recovered our balance, we looked through the window and we saw a tank five meters away.

Our heavy ambulance even jumped, and we were all deafened. But when we saw that the windows of the ambulance hadn't been broken, we continued to drive. The tanks let us turn around, but we had hardly moved when another tank shot over us and we were deafened again.

We got the patient to the hospital in four minutes.

I saw his picture in the newspaper on the day of the funeral.

Lithuania, 1991.01.13 : documents, testimonies, comments. - Vilnius : State Publishing Center, 1992, p. 191-192.