At about 1:30 a.m., the local TV tower service radio announced that armored vehicles were approaching from the direction of Karoliniškės. I was standing to the right of the central entrance of the tower. The tanks that were standing at the foot of the hill opened fire. The people were calm, and there wasn't any sort of panic. There wasn't one person with a weapon or a stick. Where I was standing, the mood of the people was not aggressive. Everyone was chanting: “Lithuania!" Tanks appeared from the direction of Lazdynai. Paratroopers were running next to the tanks. Soldiers, arriving on the armored vehicles, were holding sub-machine guns with bayonets attached to the ends in position. Surrounding the tower, the soldiers lined up opposite the people. The tanks fired a few volleys. Behind us, broken windows started falling. A stream of water aimed at the soldiers came from inside the tower. They attacked the crowd and beat people with rifle butts. You could hear firing and there was a crush. We noticed that paratroopers were already pushing their way inside. I was pushed into the road. I moved a few steps back and heard someone shout: „Tank!" I turned around and saw that it wasn't far away, but I managed to jump aside. Running around the tank, I saw two women lying under its tracks. The tank was moving forward. We tried to get the attention of the men driving the tank. The tank stopped, moved forward again, stopped again, and then finally drove away from the people. Along with an older man, I pulled out the girl - her leg (or perhaps both legs) had been crushed. The girl was alive. While we were carrying her another tank standing nearby fired a shot above our heads after spotting us with its searchlight. We fell to our knees from the impact of the shot. The firing by the tower didn't stop for a second. We carried the girl by the cars, where there were many people. They took her from us.

Lithuania, 1991.01.13 : documents, testimonies, comments. - Vilnius : State Publishing Center, 1992, p. 118-119.